Thursday, June 04, 2015

More Finley-isms

I guess I will have to keep adding on to the list of fun things Finley continues to say.

Finley, I feel like I need to keep adding on to your list of fun and quirky things:
  • Ready, steady, DOH!!!!  (another Peppa Pig phrase)
  • Do a-den, do a-den!  (Do again)
  • Unfortunately, the word purse is not so clear and is slightly inappropriate...it comes out very much like "piss."  No bueno.
  • CORRECTION:  Sleeping Beauty is actually SEEPING Booty.  Oh boy.
  • I am always encouraging you to talk to your baby brother, but your response is always, " HIM TAN'T TALK!!!"  You look at me like I'm so unintelligent...like why would she ask me to talk to something that clearly doesn't know how to talk?!
  • "Look mom!  I wunning in circuhs!" as you literally run around in a tight circle in whatever room we happen to be in.  Won't lie...this one is weird to me.
  • "No mama, you not a dirl (girl), you a mommy!"
  • You desperately want a superhero cape, and your semi-crafty mother has failed in delivering that to you.  Instead, all bath towels and blankets have turned into capes.
  • I will do my best to remember your sweet compliments right now, especially when it comes to the clothes I wear.  Anytime I wear a skirt or a dress, which is pretty often, you tell me, "wow mommy, so pretty in your dwess!"  Be still my heart.  I know one day I most likely will be the dumbest, most unfashionable person in your life.  
  • You think that by adding "pwiddy pweese" to everything, that you should automatically receive it.  And you repeat it no less than twenty times.
  • Delicious is currently pronounced DEE-wish-us.  You're just so cute.
  • I think I already mentioned this but maybe not.  You can't say the ST blend, so today, you told me to hurry up because a big dorm was coming :). 
  • "I watch daddy make fire."  You sound so archaic saying this.
  • Your new favorite addition to our song list is "Twickle Twickle Wittle Dar."  
  • Lately, you've been telling us, "shhhhhh dine-saws seeping!"  (Dinosaurs sleeping).  I have yet to figure out the origin of this one.  
  • Your blankie is referred to as your "winky."
  • "Wook, mommy, wook!"  Look, mommy, look!
  • "Wash me, mama, wash me!"  Watch me, mama, watch me!
  • "No, do wike dis"  Do like this.  
  • You have been DESPERATE to go on a holiday, another word you have learned from Peppa Pig.  We finally came through for you and took you to the beach!  More on that later :)
Finley, you continue to make us laugh on a daily basis.  You are a joy and a delight, even when you are acting like a typical toddler :)

We love you, sweet girl!





No comments: