Tuesday, May 26, 2015

These Are the Days

It's 3:15 am.  My alarm is set to go off in 4.5 hours.  I haven't gone to sleep yet tonight.

Just as soon as I got little man to sleep (he's stubborn...it was after midnight), I took a shower, got a few things ready for tomorrow (today now), I crawled in bed, set my alarm and closed my eyes, only to be summoned by our sickly toddler who was crying and wanting to be rocked...who then threw up on me and in the hallway between her room and the bathroom.  I changed my clothes, rocked her some more, put her back in her bed, and she requested her Sunshine Oway song.  We sang, I left, got to my bedroom door, and she started crying again.  

I went to her room, and the sweet girl had thrown up in her bed.  So we rushed to the bathroom, and she sat on the rug while I changed her sheets. 

She's now back in bed and the baby could be awake any moment.  

One day all too soon, I will miss this season of life with my littles.  Cherishing every moment, even the hard ones.    

No comments: