Wednesday, May 25, 2005

"This is it. Don't get scared now."

This lovely quote is from one of my all-time favorite movies...Home Alone. For the most part, I have remained very calm through this packing process. However, I am starting to get a little paranoid about being mugged or attacked or something. You know what though? I took kick-boxing. I lifted weights for a little bit (probably not long enough). I can defend myself. Or, I could always take my cool drum major whistle from high school...

Yes, it is nearing 2 am. I got a phone call tonight from a friend who went on the study tour two years ago. He told me why our professor is so emphatic about packing lightly. Apparently, we could be lugging our luggage for a mile or so, maybe more. Cool. Awesome. Really wish I would have known that prior to midnight the night before we leave. My suitcase is still really heavy, and I even took things out of it. I don't have enough room for all of my books without trying to kill myself. I am taking three in my carry-on, and hopefully my parents will bring the rest of the shelf in a couple of weeks.

Last night one of my friends called to ask if I would be a bridesmaid in her wedding. Of course I said yes. I am way excited about that wedding. It will be next September. Then tonight, another friend asked if I would be her maid of honor. HUGE GRIN! I have never been a maid of honor before. Well, I was kind of Krista's co-maid of honor, so I guess that is a lie. I am so excited though! It was a good moment in my kitchen to be asked by a childhood friend, one of my best friends, to play such a special role in her wedding day.

I was able to touch base with most of my good buddies before I take off tomorrow. I wish I would have had more time to spend with all of them, but it just didn't work out. I am leaving bright and early tomorrow morning, or should I say in just a few hours. We fly out at 5:40 pm from O'Hare. I will return (hopefully) to Chicago on Wednesday, July 20th at 7:40 pm.

Until July, my friends :)

Have a great summer!

1 comment:

ret said...

I thought I was bad. Blogging at 2 in the morning before you leave the country...good grief.

Be safe!!