Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back to School!

Tomorrow I officially begin my career as a teacher. Yikes...

We had open house on Friday, and the question I was dreading all week long came from the very first mother who showed up in my room: "How long have you been teaching?" She asked me this as she got out a notebook to take notes!!! I had prepared an answer that was hopefully going to deter any further probing, but no, it did not work. So, she knows that I am a very new teacher and I think she is scared for her child. Other than that, the day was great! And, I was able to use my Spanish to comfort a few parents. I think I definitely earned points in their eyes, so that was a bonus.

Anyway, look forward to more reports from the front row!!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hey Erin. Its Jennifer (Holst). I found your blog through Nathan's. I didn't even know you had gotten married. Hope things are going well for you!! I now live in Hannibal & have two little girls.