Sunday, September 24, 2006

Weekend Updates

Well, it was an interesting weekend. I spent Friday night with Sammy and Emily and got to catch up with Wendy. I enjoyed an ultimate grilled cheese sandwich at Culver's and we baked some very yummy chocolate chip cookies at the house. On Saturday, we walked in the "Walk for Autism" Picnic at the Park. It was an interesting day to say the least. See photo below :)

Got to hang out with Abby and see her wedding plans. I am so pumped! It will be another spring/summer filled with weddings. There are already two set in stone; who knows what else might come up! See photo below :)

All in all, it was a fun weekend. Good food, good friends, good times. I am glad to be back though...I am starting to get into a routine here. Tomorrow, however, we will break the routine for a field trip downtown! We are taking the entire 5th grade to see Ant Bully at the IMAX at Navy Pier. How fun is that??!?! Then, on Wednesday, I am participating in an urban education panel discussion at ISU. They are actually asking each of us (3) to speak for 6 minutes about our preparations at ISU for teaching in an urban environment. I have no clue what I will say. I am sure it will be fine, though.

Then, next weekend, it is back to the homestead! Sunday is Ethan's 9th birthday and the next Saturday is Andrew's 1st birthday! I wish I could be there for both, but we all know that Andrew won't have any recollections of that day. Ethan, however, will. I need a creative gift for him...any suggestions? Being the nerd I am, I kind of wanted to get him a book or something educational. Is that corny? Anyway, there will be some great food, two soccer games, and a fabulous birthday party for a fantastic boy. I am so excited! Plus, I will finally be able to get some of my much-needed things from home. The week will be over before I know it!



No comments: